I hope that those of you who came to the party on Saturday night had a good time.
I’d just like to thank you, on behalf of Andrea, Sarah, Martin and myself, for the generous gifts you gave us in appreciation of the work we have put in over the past few years.
During the course of the weekend I had some productive meetings with a few people to discuss the future of the Championship and on filling some of the roles that we have identified and that we are looking for volunteers to take on. Some people have stepped forward and we’d like to thank them for supporting the Championship in such a positive way. However, the number of people who have volunteered is disappointing and as a result we are still looking to identify people who can take on some of the roles supporting the Championship in 2014 – including of course the role of overall Co-ordinator that I am about to stop performing.
At the end of this email is an updated list of the tasks identified. Those that are now green are roles for which we have volunteers, those that are red are those that we still need to get some help with.
We are also now looking for new panel members. Without wanting to discriminate on age, we are ideally looking for some of our younger members or supporters to join the panel and make a very valid and active contribution towards taking the Championship forward and encouraging new drivers to get involved.
For those of you who are not familiar with the panel it is currently made up of David Thomas, Gary Walker, Roger Evans, Clive Hodgkin, Michael Lindsay and Graham Heels (though I will be stepping down before the start of the 2014 season). You can contact all of the panel at any time by email by addressing your email to [email protected]
The 2014 Provisional Calendar has now been agreed with the BRSCC. Please be aware that this was only agreed this week, since the party, and is subject to change – it’s still very early days in preparing for the 2014 season so don’t book your holidays based on it yet!!
|Provisional 2014 Calender
Here are a few notes to clear up a few questions you may have :
April 6th Silverstone (not Easter this year – that’s later in April) – this is currently a single day double header
July 12th / 13th Snetterton – single header, this is a 2 day meeting and may run on split 200/300 circuits. Alfa qualifying and race will be on one day.
Roles that need to be performed by the Championship Co-ordinator
- Day to day race administration
- Liaison with BRSCC
- Championship registrations & race number allocation
- BRSCC – Race entry system – access / review / sort out issues
- Additional race day ticket allocation / distribution
- Timetable & Paddock Plan discussions with the BRSCC
- Race day scrutineering organisation
- Liaison with BRSCC (Clerk / Race Secretary etc) on race day
- Maintain points table
- Co-ordinate regulation changes
- Organise race calendar
- Supervision of info published on website & social media
- Update Co-ordinators blog
- BRSCC Dinner Dance – represent the Championship at this event
- Co-ordinate all the following roles
All of the following roles must be overseen by the Co-ordinator but can all be done by others. In order to continue with these we need to have people who will volunteer to take these roles on.
- Race day trophies / awards – Micky Bolton supplied, BRSCC supplied, supplied by ARCA
- Driver of the Day trophies
- End of season trophies / awards
- End of season awards party organisation
Media / PR
- Produce printed information to promote the Championship at races, Autosport Show, other events etc
- Printed media information(Autosport / Motorsport News)
- Publicise calendar and events – send to publications and other websites, create calendar cards for distribution etc
- Publicise events on alfaowner.com and other forums etc
- Invite local AROC sections to race meetings
- Website development, maintenance, updating Social media (Twitter / Facebook)
- TV coverage – liaison with TV company
- TV coverage – providing information, back stories, ideas for interviews etc
- TV coverage – funding / sponsorship
- TV coverage – chasing in car footage
- Autosport Show – arrange attendance with BRSCC, agree funding, find a suitable car, co-ordinate material for the show, attend the show.
- Other events – Auto Italia events, AROC events etc
- Sponsors – liaison with existing sponsors
- Sponsors – looking for new sponsorship opportunities
- “Tea Tent” – supplies, transport, set up / down, running
Control tyre supply
- Review options, discuss with tyre suppliers, arrange testing, agree deal & pricing etc
- Maintain stock
- Distribution of number squares and sponsors decals
- Decals for “Tea Tent” banner etc
- Decals – numbers for windscreens
Roles Currently Performed by Others
- Race programme info – Michael Lindsay
- Race reports & previews for BRSCC – Michael Lindsay
- Information for commentators & press at races – Michael Lindsay
- Race reports for alfaracer.com – Michael Lindsay
- Accounts / Book Keeping – David Thomas